New Deact legislation

talltom

Can anyone say how a lump of Metal. That has been OFFICIALLY declassified & struck off as a Firearm. is no longer a F/Arm & a harmless lump of metal. Basically something you can do pretty much anything you want to . Because it is NO LONGER a F/Arm.. Except of course try to convert it to fire!!

Suddenly has to be 'registered'? It is no longer a dangerous Item. Has been OFFICIALLY inspected, passed & certified to that FACT. You might as well say a car is more dangerous than one of these OFFICIALLY classified lumps of scrap!

The act of deactivation was passed into Law by the Government. As once d/Activated it is NO LONGER A WEAPON. & an Uncontrolled item. The same as tools, books, clothing & as pretty well anything else you can think of!!

So unless a 'Dangerous' object which is has been OFFICIALLY removed from in that category. You dont have to do Anything I would surmise? It cannot 'Suddenly' become so much a concern. Once declassified OFFICIALY!...

That is like saying, This orange will hurt you. Now the peel has been removed. it CANNOT!....So WHY is the 'Orange' so much of a 'Concern' now it has no Peel?...……...

The act was PASSED & AGREED upon. So if the all knowing, all powerful Government. Have agreed that. I have never heard of them agreeing to them ever being 'Wrong', or making a 'Mistake'. Have you?....

So If it's a OFFICIALLY Declassified lump of metal you dont HAVE to do anything. Do you?....Or IF you are saying YOU actually did make a 'Mistake'. YOU will have to compensate owners, wont you?....On No, you never make Mistakes. do you?…….

2 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

That is like saying, This orange will hurt you. Now the peel has been removed. it CANNOT!....So WHY is the 'Orange' so much of a 'Concern' now it has no Peel?...……...

Because they are afraid that someone might put the peel back, and make the orange dangerous again 😁

1 minute ago, MatchFuzee said:

Because they are afraid that someone might put the peel back, and make the orange dangerous again 😁

I would say Child Molesters, rapists & Insurgents are far more important to target!..Oh no, that would mean they would actually have to work at that. Wouldnt they?...

Time better invested, rather that trying to frighten Law Abiding Collectors. & losing any support or sympathy when things go wrong for THEM, I would say?...

2 hours ago, MatchFuzee said:

The orange isn’t dangerous with or without the skin. On the tree it is fine, on the table it’s fine, it’s those that wish to throw it that are dangerous, hence the move to bananas!! Bananas are dangerous in or out of the skin but are more lethal when it is just a skin. 

6 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

Can anyone say how a lump of Metal. That has been OFFICIALLY declassified & struck off as a Firearm. is no longer a F/Arm & a harmless lump of metal. Basically something you can do pretty much anything you want to . Because it is NO LONGER a F/Arm.. Except of course try to convert it to fire!!

Suddenly has to be 'registered'? It is no longer a dangerous Item. Has been OFFICIALLY inspected, passed & certified to that FACT. You might as well say a car is more dangerous than one of these OFFICIALLY classified lumps of scrap!

The act of deactivation was passed into Law by the Government. As once d/Activated it is NO LONGER A WEAPON. & an Uncontrolled item. The same as tools, books, clothing & as pretty well anything else you can think of!!

So unless a 'Dangerous' object which is has been OFFICIALLY removed from in that category. You dont have to do Anything I would surmise? It cannot 'Suddenly' become so much a concern. Once declassified OFFICIALY!...

The act was PASSED & AGREED upon. So if the all knowing, all powerful Government. Have agreed that. I have never heard of them agreeing to them ever being 'Wrong', or making a 'Mistake'. Have you?....

So If it's a OFFICIALLY Declassified lump of metal you dont HAVE to do anything. Do you?....Or IF you are saying YOU actually did make a 'Mistake'. YOU will have to compensate owners, wont you?....On No, you never make Mistakes. do you?…….

Well you are perfectly at leave to test your theory in court, but the EU have pressurized the Goverment into stating that its deactivation specifications were defective, and ALL current de-acts will have to be brought up to the new spec' when they leave your possession either by sale, transfer or death. 

The Goverment didn't make a mistake, it standards just weren't up to the panic stricken thrashings of the EU, post Paris shootings.  Intially they wanted to scrap everything.

There is little chance these laws will be repealed even if we leave the EU because the aim of the UK Goverment is standardization with EU law where ever possible.

What is a kick, as I understand it, you cannot do the work yourself, it has to be through an approved company/person and it has been estimate that it may take up to 35 years to get the work done, let alone through the proof houses

4 minutes ago, Chris Hall said:

I’m seriously considering at some point in the future of applying for a section 5 authority for collecting purposes. There are a large number already issued so it’s not an impossibility.

The cost of the 'Approved' security for that will be VERY expensive I would venture?...

Qoute:

Well you are perfectly at leave to test your theory in court, but the EU have pressurized the Goverment into stating that its deactivation specifications were defective, and ALL current de-acts will have to be brought up to the new spec' when they leave your possession either by sale, transfer or death. 

The Goverment didn't make a mistake, it standards just weren't up to the panic stricken thrashings of the EU, post Paris shootings.  Intially they wanted to scrap everything.

There is little chance these laws will be repealed even if we leave the EU because the aim of the UK Goverment is standardization with EU law where ever possible.

What is a kick, as I understand it, you cannot do the work yourself, it has to be through an approved company/person and it has been estimate that it may take up to 35 years to get the work done, let alone through the proof houses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not down to Me thanks!  The question was about Registration. If you read the specification for a live Firearm & a Deactivated F/Arm. They are worlds apart. I have talked with sec.5 dealers about this. Who have consulted with F.E.O's. Who are very concerned at all the extra work they would not be able to handle!..

They say they can barely cope with Live Certificate renewals as it is! A live F/A is obviously registered & accountable.

A D/Act is a Nothing. unrestricted & does NOT fit the criteria or indeed the DESCRIPTION of a F/Arm.

These people are aware that some sales of Deacts. not of upto date specs. are going on. they are not interested I am informed?.

If it is D/A properly, & is certified it is Harmless. they do not have to time or resources to waste on D/A's as such. It would never have been inspected, passed & certified as such. if it was not properly Deactivated would it?

I assume There are far more serious topics they need to enforce I would guess? The reason that No one to date has been taken to court on Non Compliant D/A Sales I am told. Is that: 1, if they were officially certified & passed as a D/A originally. They are harmless. & 2, If they did decide to take the chance to pursue a case of a sale on a D/Act & lost.  This would set a case precedent & all owners could then pretty much do what they liked!...They really wouldnt want THAT!  Would they?

Not my Thoughts. Just what I was told by some Sec.5 Dealers

As an aside, I used to be a Police Officer myself. as a secondary Career. After leaving the Army. I have been out now over 29 years. I received a letter recently, inviting Me back to 'The Job'. As a Civilian employee. Doing a similar job, but in a Civy role using my Skills & knowledge. Acquired in that Profession. It just shows how under resourced the Force is!....

BASC Guidance on changes to Firearms Legislation 12th December 2019

A further explanation with the appropriate contact details etc.

Also contains links to the various regs defining "deactivation"

No Fruit I'm afraid

yes I have just seen this. It would seem they are applying a similar implementation on D/Acts as a Live F/Arm regarding sales & transfers?   The two subjects are Poles apart!...

You would think that you might as well apply for a Certificate for Live weapon's as Chris has stated. As have to Notify lumps of inert metal transfers?..  If they are Inundated with live Cert applications. They might bring pressure to have this dropped perhaps?  Just a thought?

The workload would be ENOURMOUS!!! & indeed, Unmanageable I would think?

There is also no provision for notification for a change of address. Should the Transferee Move from his Notified address? The work involved in this. Does not bear thinking about!!!.....I'm sure there will be many other shortcomings with this legislation? It is ill thought out, difficult to enforce. & Unwanted by FEOs & collectors alike I would say?  I'm sure thier valuable time could be utilised in Better areas of a Practical Nature?....

Perhaps it's easier to collect fruit, than Deacts I would venture? Lol.

I wouldn’t want to be a Police Officer now, my father was a 30+ year dog handler and despised what the Police had turned in to. Based on stats and meeting targets he was glad to leave but sad at having spent so long watching things change.

ive done 24 years and I’ve had enough, I need a simple job to tide me over. Zero responsibility.

• Like 1

Chris, Your Pension will be enable you to manage. A 'simple job' will keep you occupied & 'Happy'! ;) ( & Hopefully Sane! )

The job these days is run by 'Laptop Kings' bent on as you  say.  Statistics & Targets. MORE Pressure on Officers to attain those levels.

Fast Tracked Uni Grads who have no idea of reality on the Streets. Out of touch & THINK they know it all!

No wonder that a LOT of officers leave the service after approx. 6 years!.....Society these days makes Me quite sad at times!.....☹️

Edited by ferretfixer

• 5 months later...